October 12, 2016
The relocation of TJ Studio staff to Paul Bunyan Communications’ headquarters at 1831 Anne St. NW is complete.
July 2016 – Paul Bunyan Communications Acquires TJ Studio
“Paul Bunyan Communications and TJ Studio are both established local companies with a strong commitment to community and a focus on customer service,” said Gary Johnson, Paul Bunyan Communications CEO. “This acquisition will combine the talented crew at TJ Studio with the team of skilled designers, programmers, and technicians at Paul Bunyan Communications. Together, we’ll be uniquely positioned to offer the region exceptional creative and technical services including website development and design, business IT services, and computer repair.”
Trish Ritchie, TJ Studio General Manager said “This new opportunity will provide increased support and expertise for our clients. Paul Bunyan Communications will continue to provide the innovative technology solutions and outstanding local service that many have come to rely on us for. Thank you for your loyalty to TJ Studio over the last 16 years!”
“We have always had great respect for the work of TJ Studio, their staff, their founder Trish Ritchie, as well as their owners, Lueken’s,” added Johnson. “Like Paul Bunyan Communications, they have all been committed to providing high quality services to the region for a long time. It is a natural acquisition for us in terms of business philosophy, core values, creativity, technology, and geography.”
TJ Studio will continue to operate out of their current location on 809 Paul Bunyan Drive SE for a short time until the relocation of their staff and operation to Paul Bunyan Communications’ headquarters at 1831 Anne Street NW in Bemidji is complete.
- Featured in The Pioneer for working with Self-Publishing authors. Showcasing our first book design, Muddy Jungle Rivers www.muddyjunglerivers.com by Wendell Affield.
- April Azure’s renewal of the Macintosh Service Recertification Exam and the OS X v.10.8 Mountain Lion Troubleshooting Recertification Exam. She also became certified for the new retina MacBooks, iMacs, and iOS to allow service of iPad, iPod, and iPhone devices.
- City of Bemidji Parks & Rec, Daddy Daughter Dance Photography 2013
- Recipient of the Neilson Foundation Internship grant.
- Apple iMac 1TB Seagate Hard Drive Replacement Program.
- Participant in the Intern Bemidji program. TJ Studio was selected as a grant recipient for the Summer internship program offered by Bemidji State University and the George W. Neilson Foundation. Trish Ritchie and Kim Tyk were featured in the success stories and employers area of the website: www.internbemidji.org
- Kim Tyk featured in the Bemidji Pioneer’s Industries of Impact: Annual Report (June)
- Received Re-certification for Mac Service and OS X (March)
- City of Bemidji Parks & Rec, Daddy Daughter Dance Photography 2012
- Attended the Social Media Marketing Conference in Duluth (Trish/Kim)
- Chamber Ambassador call to recognize Trish Ritchie for taking on sole ownership of TJ Studio.
- Facebook training classes offered for businesses through the Bemidji Chamber of Commerce. (May)
- City of Bemidji Parks & Rec, Daddy Daughter Dance Photography 2011
- Celebrated 10 years in business!
- Chamber Ambassador Call in recognition of the photo studio.
- Became a Macintosh Certified Repair Center: A number of computer owners in northern Minnesota have switched from PCs to Macs, but until recently there has not been a service provider in the area doing Macintosh repair work. Seeing a need for local repair services, TJ Studio launched TJ Computer Service, opening the door to both Mac and PC computer clients, and became a certified Macintosh repair center. As a Certified Macintosh Repair Center, computers are fixed by Apple-trained certified repair technicians. TJ Computer Service will cover warranty repair work as well, so if a computer’s issue is covered under a current Apple Care Protection Plan, the repair will be done at no cost to the owner. Our Certified Macintosh technicians can assist with warranty needs, data migration, data backups, software issues and out-of-warranty hardware issues. TJ Computer Service is a full-service computer repair shop for both Mac & PCs, specializing in computer support, sales and training.
- Presented to Young Professionals Network, sponsored by the Bemidji Chamber of Commerce.
- Chamber Ambassador call to recognize Kim as business manager
- Fundraising – partnered with Raphael’s Bakery to raise funds for the Relay for Life.
- Photo studio opens!
- Fundraising for Relay For Life: TJ Design Studio partnered with Raphael’s Bakery to raise funds for Relay For Life.
- Awarded Entrepreneur of the Year by the Bemidji Chamber of Commerce.
- Offered computer training though community education; Mac Basics, Windows basics, iLife/iWork & Excel.
- TJ Team Featured in Northwoods Women Magazine – We are happy to announce that the TJ team was the featured article in the September/October 2009 issue of Northwoods Women Magazine.
- Computer service opens
- April and Bretanne at the Women’s Expo.
- Revamp My Website Competition! TJ gave away two free websites, one to a local business and another to a local non-profit.
- Trish Ritchie and Jennifer Frisco, nominated for Boss of the Year at Bemidji Chamber Awards of Excellence.
- Business Briefs: TJ Design Studio has new location, downtown Bemidji, 218 Minnesota Ave.
- TJ Design Studio Ambassador Call: The Bemidji Area Chamber of Commerce Ambassadors recognize TJ Design Studio for its relocation to 218 Minnesota Ave. From Left are Ambassadors Barb Treat, JJ Emanuel, Sheila Dockendorf, TJ Design Studio Staff Web Tech Mike Wallner; Owner Jennifer Frisco; SEO Specialist Sean Froyd; Owner Trish Ritchie; Graphic Designer Kim Tyk and Ambassadors Amy Saeland and Pat Kelly.
- August 2005 – Watch Your Business Grow promotion, showcasing all of TJ’s Web Services.
- Acquired a second business, MB Designs, building our client base west of Bemidji.
- Joined the Bemidji Chamber of Commerce.
TJ Design Studio Ambassador Call: The Bemidji Area Chamber of Commerce Ambassadors welcome TJ Design Studio as a new business. TJ Design Studio is an innovative website design and marketing firm acting as a central resource for the business community. Seated in the front from left are TJ Design Studio Proprietors and Designers Jennifer Frisco and Trish Ritchie. Standing in back from left are Ambassadors Karen Jacobson, Janice Dagen and Amy Saeland.
- December 30, 2004 – NEW BUSINESS ACQUISITION: Acquired ‘Website Dezigns’, a local Bemidji web design business. The previous owner, Cheri S., had a new career to pursue and chose TJ to take over her clientele. This was a wonderful opportunity for TJ to grow our client base over night.
- Incorporated as Enterprises by TJ, Inc. changed our name to TJ Design Studio.
- CRI November Newsletter: TJ Design Studio Receives Help with Market Research
One of the advantages of the partnerships between the SBDC, Bemidji State University and the Northwest Technical College is the ability to invite faculty and students to participate in projects with SBDC clients. The SBDC has a range of services to offer including business plan development, cash flow analysis, market research, market plans, financial education and business management education.
Recently Carsha Lapp, Marketing Instructor at Northwest Technical College and her marketing students have taken on a project with TJ Design Studio, an SBDC client, to conduct a market research study for the client. It has been exciting for both entities, the SBDC client is the recipient of market research they may not have normally pursued and the marketing students have “real” life data they are gathering. Great work students!
- CRI November Newsletter: NW Regional Small Business Development Center Congratulates New Business Owners
Trish Ritchie co-owns Advanced Design Solutions, a web design company. Trish’s partner, Jennifer Frisco, provides services in the Crookston area. Advanced Design Solutions specialties are web page design and hosting, graphic design, and digital photography. The SBDC helped Trish and Jennifer with their marketing plan.
2001 – 2002
- TJ began as Advanced Design Solutions